Operating tables, also known as surgical tables, are indispensable elements in any medical service center. They are used mainly in the operating rooms so that the patient can rest during surgery. It is very simple to operate, consisting of a central platform, usually divided into several sections, and a base in the center, to adjust the inclination and height of the table.
All operating tables should have configurations and settings that allow the patient to lie in the position required for the intervention, for example, in the ventral ulna position or semi-sitting. If you would like to purchase an operating table for your practice, here are some things to keep in mind.
Functions of operations desks
Every operating table must be comfortable, safe, sturdy, well leveled and, of course, equipped with the necessary instruments and features to perform operations efficiently. This in order to fulfill its basic functions, among which the following can be noted:
- Provide a level surface.
- Allow proper access for the surgeon and assistants to the patient’s body.
- Allow proper positioning of the patient’s body.
- Provide space to accommodate various surgical instruments.
- Provide ventilation and lighting.
Operating tables must be equipped to fulfill the function of the discipline in which they are to be used, that is why many of them come designed in different ways and with different accessories, to adapt to the requirements of each doctor. Some rooms come with either built-in lighting or leg rests.
Types of trading desks: according to their functionality
Depending on its functionality, there are different types of trading desks, choosing between them will depend on the use that will be given. Following this order of ideas, before acquiring an image, you should be completely clear what its purpose will be, since if you select an inappropriate one, the functionality of it will not suit your needs. The types of tables are:
- Electric operating tables, operate with an electric motor, so that, table adjustment movements can be controlled through a remote control.
- Hydraulic operating table: they do not have any type of engine, in these cases they use hydraulic energy, so, to adjust the table, you must use a pedal.
Of course, there are tables where the types of electrical and hydraulic operation are combined, for example, the adjustable base works with a motor, but the head restraint by means of a hydraulic device. It should be noted that, the operating mode of the operating table determines its ergonomics and the maintenance to be given.
Types of operating tables: according to their use
Operating tables can be used for simple procedures, such as cardiovascular or general assessments, as well as for specific consultations, such as gynecology, ophthalmology or neurology, among others. According to this, there are two types of trading desks, these are:
- Universal operating table: used for almost most medical interventions, this is done thanks to its versatility. They serve for general, digestive, cardiovascular or aesthetic operations.
- Specialized operations desk: are used in more specific procedures and therefore require additional specialized equipment. For example, there are gynecological operating tables, with Göpel leg rests or orthopedic operating tables, with traction frames and door rests.
How to choose an ideal operating table?
Before buying an operating table, there are several aspects you should take into account in order to meet your needs and those of your patients. The first thing is, to be clear what your function will be, that is, for what type of operations will be used, it is vital to choose the one that is designed specifically for the type of surgery you need.
In addition, you should take into account the weight limit of the table as well as the size. It is best to select a table that allows you to accommodate patients of a large weight and size range, so you will not be limited. Last but not least, you should consider whether you need a fixed or mobile table, if you perform outpatient operations, it is best to buy a mobile, otherwise a fixed one.
Kalstein brand operating tables
At Kalstein we are Op Table MANUFACTURERS and we have different models, all equipped with the necessary characteristics for health service center. We have the best electric and universal tables, for all types of surgeries, easy to configure, easy to use and with a weight support of up to 200 kg.
Our tables have the best PRICES you can get, of course, without forgetting the quality. When you make the PURCHASE with us, you will be advised by the best experts. You can visit our catalog HERE