This equipment has varied and indispensable applications in the laboratories, thanks to its hot water container, where samples are incubated in water at a continuous temperature over a long period of time, among other useful applications is heating reagents, fusion of substrates or incubation of cell cultures; because of its high temperatures it allows certain chemical reactions to occur, and heat flammable chemicals instead of an open flame to prevent ignition.
The water baths have in their characteristics a digital or analog interface where the operator can establish what temperature needs for the treatment of the different samples, there is a large number of model of water baths, in Kalstein we can offer you different types according to your needs and applications, all can be used up to 99.9 °C., if you require higher temperature, we offer models such as oil bath, silicone bath or sand bath.
Characteristics of water baths for laboratory brand Kalstein
At Kalstein, we can offer you several models of water baths, which you can find at HERE , some of their general features are:
- Integrated stamped camera, slot at the bottom for better drainage
- Stainless Steel 304
- Deep camera for large Erlenmeyer, with bow cap
- Five-ring cover, most suitable for different sizes of glass items
- Hidden drainage tube, beautiful and easy to use
- PID control by microcomputer, precision 0.1 °C
- With timer 0 – 9 999min
- Triple security function
Principle of Operation
Due to the characteristics of the water bath, which has a tank made of stainless steel, which is located at the bottom of it a set of electrical resistances, which transmit heat to the water, and is kept at a pre-selected temperature by a thermostat, thermistor or similar control device; it also allows you to select the required temperature for the different tests.
It has an external body where the aforementioned controls are located, which is made of steel and is normally coated with high adhesion electrostatic paint and resistance to the environmental conditions of a laboratory, the resistances can be:
- Immersion: in this case these resistors are characterized by being installed inside a sealed tube, in addition they are located at the bottom of the container and are in direct contact with the medium to be heated.
- External: the resistors are located at the bottom, but are external to the tank; are protected by an insulating material that prevents heat loss. This type of resistance transfers heat to the bottom of the tank by means of thermal conduction.
Precautions in the use of marijuana baths in the laboratory
- Water baths with pyrophoric or moisture-sensitive reactions are not recommended. Do not heat a bath fluid above its flash point.
- The water level should be monitored regularly, and filled only with distilled water. This is necessary to prevent the salts from depositing in the heater.
- Disinfectants can be added to prevent the growth of organisms.
- Raise the temperature to 90 °C (194 °F) or more once a week for half an hour for decontamination purposes.
- Markers tend to come out easily in water baths. Use water resistant.
- If the application involves liquids emitting vapors, it is recommended to operate the water bath in an extractor hood or in a well ventilated area.
- The cover is closed to prevent evaporation and to help reach high temperatures.
- Install on a stable surface away from flammable materials.
If you want to buy a bath of Mary, please be aware to contact the best, this service we can offer you through our online channels and at the best price in the market, also if you want to know the catalog of high-end products that in Kalstein we have for you visit us HERE we assure you that through our online shopping channels that are very easy and viable from anywhere in the world, reminding them that we are Company manufacturer of Laboratory Equipment of high level sale.